jEdit App for Windows 10 PC: jEdit (2020) latest version free download for Windows 10. Install jEdit full setup 64 bit and 32 bit on you PC. 100% safe and free download from Softati.com. Mature programmer's text editor with hundreds of person-years of development behind it.
jEdit Full Setup Technical Details
It is better to read the technical details and to have a simple background about the app. Therefore, you can know if jEdit will work on your windows device or not.
|OS Requirements||Windows 10|
Why to download jEdit from Softati?
- Direct and safe download of jEdit!
- Latest version update!
- For Windows 10 64 bit and 32 bit (PC or laptop)
- jEdit Free Download!
jEdit latest version highlights
jEdit is a mature programmer’s text editor with hundreds (counting the time developing plugins) of person-years of development behind it. Any number of editor windows may be open, each window may be split into several areas, each area can view a different file and keep track of an independent set of buffers. Alternatively, different locations in one file can be viewed in more than one area.
Efficient keyboard shortcuts for everything, with predefined keymaps for Emacs, Intellij IDEA, and Mac OSX (5.0). Copy and paste with an unlimited number of clipboards (known as “registers”). It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture.
- Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture. Hundreds of macros and plugins available.
- Plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the “plugin manager” feature.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly configurable and customizable.
- Every other feature, both basic and advanced, you would expect to find in a text editor. See the Features page for a full list.
jEdit Similar Apps
Install and Uninstall
To install jEdit on Windows 10:
- Firstly, download the setup file from the above links
- Secondly, save the downloaded file to your computer
- Thirdly, double click on the downloaded installer file
- Now, a smart screen may appear asking for confirmation
- Click, Yes
- Finally, follow the installation instructions till you receive the confirmation message of a successful installation
To completely remove - uninstall - jEdit from Windows 10:
- Move your mouse to the Windows Start Logo and open the start menu, or you can just click on the start button from your keyboard.
- Open settings and navigate to apps section
- Now, scroll the apps till you find jEdit
- Click, Uninstall
- Finally, follow the uninstallation instructions till you receive a confirmation message.
Softati.com doesn't host or store jEdit on its own servers, jEdit is developed and maintained by jEdit. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos that talked about in right here are the assets of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to work with you. Downloads are done through the main developer's site or any of its affiliate services.
If you have any inquiries, don't hesitate to contact us through the contact page.